Government Markets and Services
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC)
- U.S. Department of Defense (DoD)
- U.S. Department of Interior
- U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center
- U.S. Army Maneuver Support Center (MANSCEN/MSCoE)
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)
- U.S. Postal Service (USPS)
- North Carolina Division of Emergency Management
- Utah Department of Health
- Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness
- Alabama Emergency Management Agency
- Washington State Emergency Management Division
- Pennsylvania Office of Public Safety Radio Services
- Arizona Department of Homeland Security
- Utah Department of Public Safety
- New Mexico Department of Health
- State of Florida Department of Transportation
- Oregon State Police
- Wake County (NC)
- Howard County (MD)
- City of Mesa (AZ)
- Houston Metro Transit (TX)
- New Jersey Metro Transit (NJ)
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Port of San Francisco (CA)
- Port of San Diego (CA)
- Port of Pittsburgh (PA)
Since 1985, IEM has worked with and advised government customers in support of safety, security and public order by providing science- and technology-based solutions complemented by real world experience. Our sound solutions provide government the means to effectively develop, evaluate, and deploy policies and programs in support of safety, security, and public order.
IEM was founded on the belief that objective, scientific data is critical to developing a solution and measuring its effectiveness. We focus on outcomes—how all the elements of a solution, whether it’s a system, technology, or program, work together—to achieve the desired result.
Federal - We have provided technical expertise to over 30 Federal departments and agencies, including the Departments of Homeland Security, Defense, and Health and Human Services.
State and Local - IEM has supported projects spanning jurisdictions and agencies in all 50 states and 3 US territories: US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Guam.
Major Metropolitan Areas - We are providing prevention/protection, preparedness, response, and recovery assistance to major US metropolitan regions of critical national importance.
Port Authorities - We have developed comprehensive port security and maritime plans for US ports across the country.
International - IEM’s global reach extends to eight countries where we have supported defense and disaster preparedness-related programs.
Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Helping agencies mitigate, prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies and events of all kinds—from terrorism to catastrophic natural disasters—is the cornerstone of our homeland security and emergency management services.
Program Management - We help define the objectives of your mission, clarify the roles of program components, and point to the strategies, structures, systems, and capabilities necessary to develop a clear roadmap to a successful outcome.
Transportation - Applying transportation expertise and state-of-the-art technologies, IEM provides multi-modal transportation support that addresses the critical issues of transportation safety and security, evacuation, travel demand, commodity flows, and public involvement and participation.
Defense - Leveraging applied sciences expertise, innovative IT, and military operational experience, IEM provides doctrine development, risk analysis, research and development (R&D), modeling and simulation, training, and command staff augmentation in support of installation and force protection, anti-terrorism, counter-insurgency, and disaster response.
Information Technology and Software Development - We build, test, and integrate custom applications, knowledge management systems, and modeling and simulation systems using best practice managed processes within ITIL, CMMI, Open Source, and other accepted frameworks.
Healthcare Emergency Preparedness - We help health and medical officials at all levels improve preparedness for natural disasters; pandemics; chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) events; and other health emergencies. We provide services ranging from unique planning strategies and focused training and exercises to simulation modeling and epidemiological analysis.