RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC, July 21, 2014 – Global security consulting firm IEM, headquartered in North Carolina’s Research Triangle Park (RTP), has been selected as a prime contractor to provide information technology (IT) support to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) through the Enterprise Acquisition Gateway for Leading Edge Solutions II (EAGLE II) contract.
EAGLE II includes multiple awardees, providing DHS with streamlined access to innovative private-sector expertise for IT support. The contractors selected will now compete for individual tasks orders issued by DHS. IEM will compete for tasks related to IT service delivery, including system integration, software design and development, and operations and maintenance.
“I am pleased that DHS has once again seen the benefit of partnering with IEM to develop security solutions. This contract shows the tremendous business and technological capabilities that exist in the Fourth District and throughout North Carolina,” Rep. David Price (NC-04) said. “While we have made significant progress integrating each of DHS’ agencies into a cohesive department, the expertise provided by companies like IEM is vital to the continued progress and maturation of the Department.”
Founded nearly three decades ago, IEM is the nation’s largest woman-owned homeland security and emergency management firm. With nine offices nationwide, IEM specializes in building science and technology solutions for government agencies charged with protecting and saving lives, including DHS, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Defense, and state agencies across the United States. Experienced emergency managers work alongside seasoned technology professionals to design, develop, test, and implement technology solutions that truly work.
“IEM relocated our headquarters to North Carolina’s Research Triangle five years ago because of the dynamic business climate, high tech resources, and culture of collaboration offered by this region,” said Madhu Beriwal, IEM President and CEO. “Being selected to provide critical technology support to DHS reinforces our company’s leadership in homeland security and reinforces RTP as a national hub for innovation and technology.”
IEM’s EAGLE II team includes:
- Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), a nationally recognized scientific research and engineering company dedicated to producing innovative solutions that tackle critical national problems in national security, infrastructure, energy and environment, and health solutions.
- Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS), a global IT staffing and consulting company with core capabilities in managed staffing, application services, cloud enablement, infrastructure support, among other areas.
- RTI International, one of the world’s leading research institutes; RTI has developed innovative computer technology and software applications in areas such as health informatics, bioinformatics, mobile and high-performance computing, mathematical modeling, data dissemination and reporting, and information detection and analysis.
- CR Dynamics and Associates, an award-winning Minority-Owned Small Business that delivers innovative customer relationship management (CRM) programs, informational help desk services, contact center service solutions, and outbound market research survey work.
- Innovative Technology Application, Inc. (ITA), a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business specializing in the design, development, and production of advanced, interactive software applications for computer-based, web-based, and application-based (tablet and smart phone) use.
- RLM Communications, Inc., an SBA 8(a)-certified small business specializing in information assurance, cyber security, information technology infrastructure library (ITIL), service level management implementation, and systems integration.